Welcome to Smartella
“If you want to be remembered, pick a distinctive fragrance that many people haven’t encountered.
And don’t drench yourself in cologne.
Just because your own nose adapts to the scent after 15 minutes doesn’t mean customers you greet or friends you meet can’t still smell it.”
Our most recent ramblings:
- Magical Manicure - It’s difficult to find time for that little bit of extra pampering but when you do find those precious moments, a manicure is one of the best things to indulge in. Steps: Remove all traces of Nail Polish. Soak your hands in warm water with some body oils, e.g. coconut oil, almond oil for ten […]
- Spicy Winter Bath - A soothing bath mixture which also helps to stimulate your circulation, with warm spicy aromas to relax you after a chilly day. Ingredients: 1/2 cup baking soda 2 tablespoons brown sugar (white can be used if you do not have brown) 1 tablespoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves 1/2 teaspoon crushed […]
- Cocoa Butter Body Lotion - Winter always tends to dry our skin out quite a bit, this is a lovely rich but surprisingly light cream to leave you with smooth soft skin. Ingredients: 2 tablespoons grated cocoa butter 2 tablespoons castor oil 2 tablespoons vodka 1 or 2 drops of orange fragrance (optional) Method: Mix together the cocoa butter […]
- Wake Me Up Splash - A great fresh after bath splash to make your mornings more invigorating, be sure to use your favorite body cream after using the splash as it can be drying. It takes a bit of time to be ready but definitely worth it. Ingredients: 1/2 cup rose water (or other hydrosol of your choice) 1 cup […]
- Chamomile Hydrosol – Benefits & Uses - Chamomile Water A hydrosol is the condensate water that is left over after the process of extracting an essential oil by water or steam distillation. This aromatic water contains the very essence of everything that was contained within the plant when it was still alive and growing. Chamomile water is a gentle, soothing hydrosols used […]
- 10 Coconut Oil Beauty & Skin Uses - Natural Skin Moisturizer – Using coconut oil for skin health works well as a moisturizer for your face. It absorbs quickly, and is non-greasy. At room temperature, coconut is a solid, but it quickly melts when it comes into contact with hands. Before bed, wash your face, and pat dry. Warm a dollop the size of a […]
- Benefits of Tea Tree Hydrosol - The hydrosol is quite nice, it is a part of a number of cosmetics brands. It is mainly famous because of its antibacterial properties and its wonderful effect on the skin. It scrapes the skin clean and renders it free from infections. A great toner for acned skin; a mouthwash for infection or for thrush, […]
- Carrier Oils in Recipes - Many people after trying certain oils will always land up with a favorite. My favorite is Almond Oil, but of course depending on your skin and the end use of the recipe you will probably find a different oil stands out as a favorite for you. Below I have listed some oils and their uses […]
- Whipped Shea Butter - Over the years I have come to realize that we ingest a lot of harmful ingredients into our bodies. Whether it is via food or the cosmetics we are using, and to be quite frank with you I don’t like it, not one bit. So I have taken it upon myself to slowly change a […]